Likewise, all successful growth team go through the a similar process like DropBox. They come up (and experiment) with multiple ideas along the way.
More or less, there is a scientific approach successful growth hacking.
And here are 2 approaches to keep in mind.
1.. Identify your growth engine
What is a growth engine?
This is your combination of potential growth ideas that when executed over a period of time will lead to massive growth.
Such growth ideas has three components:
To generate an idea that meets any of the 3 components above, you can follow the template below:
1. List out all potential ideas.
2. Evaluate them based on your knowledge of your product, audience and resource to implement.
3. Screen them using the expected level of impact on your business to prioritize implementation.
4. Pick one and do a micro-test see how it goes until you establish the one with the highest growth potential.
5. Rinse and repeat the process with other ideas.
If you follow the process above, you will come up with several ideas you can use to growth hack your startup.
Which one do you choose first?
That is where the next approach comes in.
2. Adopt a growth hacking framework.
This helps you to get the best value from all the growth ideas you generated.
The framework is called high tempo testing.
To see how it works, download this resource which you can use to coordinate your growth hacking strategy.
The beauty of this approach is it enables you to filter potential growth ideas and prioritize them.
If you do this, all your disconnected growth hacking ideas become a thousand times more powerful, as they become part of a framework.
This approach of organizing your growth ideas into a framework is essentially the secret recipe of successfully growth hacking your startup.